Wednesday

wanky birthday to you

If your mum is a hippy, you don't get a Mega Drive for your birthday. Some jewellery made of bat guano, perhaps? A giant bean curd patty? Well, Stacy got a poem. She had said she quite liked the thought of a poem, but once she had read it she left it on the table and went off crying to her room.


In a way it was so you
To be pushing on my bladder
Kicking me from inside

But I embraced the natural
way of the cosmos
You put me in touch with
the agony-ridden she-wolf
and the sadness of the moon

I pictured the face of Ganesh
As I pushed you from my uterus

You were angry
wrinkled
blue
covered in
cheese

but I
forgave you

I see you now
and think of
that sickly bug-eyed pale thing
suckling my teat

and I wish
your hair would behave

but you are more
than looks
to me

The megadrive Stacy didn't get for her birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment